Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday 10 September 2008

Remember the Mapping Competitions?

I remember one where the map had to be kept inside a 1024 cubed box. There was another where only a certain number of textures were used. I've been thinking of running some competitions. The prize wouldn't be much. Pimpage all around the community which is still fairly wide by the way. I've checked my referrals. Several news sites have passed the news that I'm trying to restart UTU. My point is, the community is still alive and in several different languages :D.

I'm finding that Blogger, though good, is a bit limited. Soon I'll be moving to Wordpress. It can handle separate pages and is Digg friendly. Blogger is a bit tricky when it comes to stuff like that. This will make it feel more like a site rather than a blog. I'm hoping that I will be able to start posting reviews. The Wordpress dashboard is not the clearest in the world but beatable :D. It's more versatile generally. Untill everything is ready though I'll stick here. Plans for a main UTU site are still very much on.

Progress on the map is still happening. Nothing worth taking screenshots of yet. I'll probably wait until I've started the lighting.

I've found some new Custom models for UT3. Warhammer 40K + Warfare, oh yeah. Now if only someone would mod the vehicles to match. :D

Click to go to the next pictureClick to go to the next picture

No comments:

About Me

My photo
North of London, United Kingdom
I've been mapping since 2000 and have created around 10 maps for the original Unreal Tournament and one for UT3. Former founder member of UT Unlimited (A level design group for the original UT)