Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday 7 September 2008

Up and Running

This blog is up and running now. Didn't get much of the map done though. The UT3 scene has been stagnating of late but there are hopeful signs. A classic mod Jail Break is being developed for UT3 as is Tac Ops. The community also needs new custom stuff like meshes and textures. Hourence has created a texture pack for UT3 over at his site. There are other teams and mappers that are producing custom content.


These are all good signs but it's still moving slowly. UT3 has great potential but it takes a long time to do anything because of the new technologies involved. It seems to be a common misconception that you need to know Maya or 3DMax, this isn't true from a mapping point of view. It does make things a bit easier though. I don't know how to use any other 3D software other than UED. I know I should but it takes time. One day eh :)


Another problem is that there aren't many sites that review maps and skins. In the days of the original UT there were almost too many sites. This made for a great community and a very encouraging environment. The big review sites such as Nalicity are no longer around for whatever reason. I really hope this changes. If I could code I probably would run a review site.


Here's hoping.

I might have some new screens tomorrow so I'll post them if I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gパパはじめまして!!
いつもTサンのブログにお邪魔させて頂いてます♪

さっそく遊びに来させてもらったけれで・・・
英語ばっかりでサッパリ分かんなかったので、私は日本語で対抗です(笑)

Gパパの笑顔がと~っても素敵だなぁと、
いつも微笑ましいです(^^)

Firefly said...

Thanks for your comment.:)

About Me

My photo
North of London, United Kingdom
I've been mapping since 2000 and have created around 10 maps for the original Unreal Tournament and one for UT3. Former founder member of UT Unlimited (A level design group for the original UT)